Built in the 1950’s, Sharpstown was one of Houston’s first master-planned communities. A modern-style sanctuary was built in 1980 to serve Catholic parishioners living in Sharpstown’s bungalow neighborhoods. As the area diversified (some 60 language dialects are spoken nearby), the diocese enlisted new leadership in 2006 to revitalize the parish to embrace the area’s more culturally rich, urban community.
Brookstone restored the bell tower, completed code-compliant updates and made functional modifications to accommodate the parish’s expanded ministries. The renovated church incorporates treasured symbols from the original building while expressing a fresh face that welcomes today’s families and future generations.